Below are links to articles and videos that offer practical advice for publishing articles and books:
Book editors weigh in on questions that authors commonly ask:
1) What type of guidance should an author expect in working with an editor?
2) How long does it usually take to get reviews back on a manuscript?
3) How should authors think about potential reviewers to suggest to presses?
4) How do authors submit to multiple presses without offending editors?
5) How should authors transform already published articles into book chapters?
6) Dissertations are often made available online through, for instance, Proquest. How does this potentially impact the publishing process (of books based on dissertations)?
Niko Besnier and Pablo Morales discuss how to publish in American Ethnologist:
Priya Nelson’s (U. of Chicago Press) guide to organizing a book workshop:
Jonathan Sterne’s collection of advice for professionalizing in media and communication studies:
Yale panel on turning your dissertation into a book: